How Does Cravebox Travel To Your Doorstep?
Hey Subscribers! Have you ever wondered how it all works, behind the scenes, to get a Cravebox to your doorstep? We thought we’d share a bit about our process to help answer some of those questions about how and when your boxes arrive, especially this month since we had some extra hurdles to cross. Those hurdles included switching over to our new payment system, and growing the subscription program by adding some new subscribers using our Drawing system. Between those 2 things, we think it’s fair to say that we experienced a few….wrinkles, shall we say, in getting the boxes out this month.
Here’s the process:
- First we process the payments for those members who are set to receive the box. If we don’t have payment information, or if we have a problem with payment from any members, we contact those members and let them know what the problem is, and give them as much time as we can to allow them to resolve the payment problem. Boxes for members with payment problems get set aside until the problem is resolved and we are clear to ship out their box.
- Once payments have been fully processed, which can take two to three days, we begin shipping the boxes out. Our fulfillment center is in St. Louis, so in an effort to get the boxes to all arrive at approximately the same time, we usually ship to the East and West coasts first, then to the middle of the country.
- We ship using a service called SmartPost, which is a combined effort between the USPS and FedEx. FedEx picks up the packages from our fulfillment center, and as they enter the FedEx process, we email our recipients a notice, from FedEx, alerting each of them that their shipment is on the way and supplying them with a tracking number.
- Because of this, you’ll generally see a lag of two to four days between when the time your payment is processed and the delivery of the Shipment Notice email. We also send a Delivery Notice via email, confirming for you that your package has in fact been delivered.
- Then, we go back and do a second, and sometimes a third shipment, to complete the shipment of the boxes that have been delayed due to payment problems. We do everything we can to make sure all our members get their boxes, even if it means delaying shipment for a few extra days while problems are being solved. But, if we can’t solve the payment problem, we will begin filling the newly opened slots with other members who have entered the drawing for that slot. To do this, we quickly notify those lucky, last minute additions, ask them to enter their payment details, and process their payment. As soon as those payments are clear, we ship that final wave of boxes out and our shipment process is at last complete.
- Then we gather round and wistfully reminisce about the latest Cravebox creation that has made its way into the big wide world…..
Thanks for being part of Cravebox. We love you. Tons.